My kitchen is my favorite area in my home to decorate. I like to keep it simple and i’m always finding ways to decorate with items I already have in my kitchen. This gives me a chance to be creative but also not go out and buy something to decorate with constantly. I’m excited to tell you the 5 kitchen items that double as decor pieces. Let’s keep reading to find out!
Post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase an item.
My Favorite Pieces
- Cutting Boards: This is a fan favorite item to decorate with. A cutting board is something I use often in my kitchen, so I always have one on hand. Layer cutting boards together on your counter-top, standing them up against your back-splash. Have one that’s monogrammed? Hang it on your pantry door. I love to keep my large, wood cutting board in the center of my island. I may sit a vase of flowers on top of it or a styled tray.
- Anything White – Bake-ware, Dishes, Mugs: So this is a favorite of mine! I absolutely love my white kitchenware. My solid white baking dishes and coffee mugs are always on display. I keep them in my glass front cabinets for all to see. This also gives me easy access to when I need them, because I use them a lot! Check out my photo below of one of my kitchen cabinets styled for Fall. You can shop some of my favorites below.
—– Shop The Look —–
Woods and Whites
- Wooden Utensils: I always admire kitchen photos with beautiful, wood utensils styled in a pretty, white pitcher. Hello farmhouse vibes! Style these right beside your range so they’re within reach and easy to access when cooking with them. Keep them clean by washing them after each use with warm, soapy water.
- Wooden Bowls: Clearly i’m stuck on that farmhouse vibe, because nothing speaks farmhouse more than woods and whites. But, wood can be mixed in with modern decor too. Wooden bowls of different sizes and heights can be stacked together for a beautiful, dimensional effect. Layer them with your cutting boards. Everyone that sees will be asking, “how’d you do that?”
- A Stand Mixer: I love my stand mixer! So much, that even when i’m not using it, I leave it out. This kitchen gadget is too pretty and too expensive to hide in an overhead cabinet or pantry until it’s next use. Place flowers in the mixing bowl for a pretty Spring vibe or keep it seasonal like I did in the photo below with some of my Easter decor. The ideas with this piece are endless and you can get really creative!
So many more items than just the one’s I’ve listed!
Of course, they are many more items that are useful in the kitchen and also decorative. These are just a few of my favorites and easy to work with! I’d love to see how you decorate your kitchen. Let me know in the comments your favorite pieces and be sure to tag me on Instagram!
Sharing is caring so if you loved this article, be sure to share the 5 kitchen items that double as decor pieces on Pinterest. Want more kitchen favorites? Check out my article, “Kitchen Basics: My Must Haves” for items I’m always using.